- advocacy of veterinary clinical education and research
- receive summaries of department heads and hospital directors meeting, which contain current issues of clinical teaching, service, and research
- reduced registration at AAVC educational programs
- eligibility for AAVC member awards
- nomination of deserving individuals for AAVC awards
- representation on the AVMA House of Delegates via the AAVC Delegate
- participation in the primary communication forum for veterinary clinical educators
- Annual resident/intern matching program
- Annual meeting of department heads and hospital directors.
- Annual meeting of membership.
- Educational programs on current topics of clinical teaching, research, and service.
- Sponsorship of two annual achievement awards for final year residents.
- Sponsorship of member awards.
- Representation in the AVMA House of Delegates.